WEEK 3 - Self Introduction & Greetings

In this week, we start to learn on how to greet in Mandarin. To give you an example of what I've learnt, below is some basic greeting in Hanyu;

A : How are you?
      ni hao ma
      你好吗?
B : I'm very good. And you?
      wo hen hao, ni ne?
      我很好,你呢?
A : I'm very good too. Thank you.
      wo ye hen hao. xie xie
      我也很好。谢谢
B : You're welcome.
      bu ke qi
      不客气

This is how you exchange conversation when you meet someone. However, if you're meeting someone who is older or much more respected than you, the character 你 (ni) has to be change to 您 (nin).

This is a short video that I find helpful in learning how to greet in Mandarin.




Cheers!





______________________________________________________ DAY 2_____________________________________________________





Today, in class we learnt how to do self introduction of ourselves. Mainly on name and nationality.
So, I'll introduce myself in Mandarin.

你好,我是Rasul Fikri. 我是马来西亚人. This sentence is a self introductory which translated into "Hello, I'm Rasul Fikri. I'm Malaysian". 

There are a few ways to ask for someone name. For instances;

1. What is your name?
     i) ni jiao shenme mingzi
        你叫什么名字
     ii)ni shi shenme mingzi
        你是什么名字

And to answer,

 i) I am......
    wo shi....
    我是。。。
ii) My name is....
    wo jiao...
    我叫。。。

As for nationality, we can use the words wo shi 我是。。 and add the country we're from. For example;

Q : What country are you from?
      ni shi naguo ren?
     你是哪国人?

A : I'm from America
      wo shi mei guo ren
     我是美国人


Thats all for self introduction. Until next time.


Cheers!
   




______________________________________________________ DAY 3_____________________________________________________




Today, I watched some videos provided by laoshi 老师 on greetings. From these videos, I learnt how to say 我很高兴认识你 wo hen gao xing renshi ni which means "I'm pleased to meet you". I also watched a couple videos on how to pronounce countries in Mandarin.


Other than that, we are tasked to create a 1-minute video on greetings and self-introduction. Thus me and my friend teamed up to create this video for the homework.



I guess that's all for today.



Cheers!





______________________________________________________ DAY 4_____________________________________________________




And for the 3rd week, here are the vocabularies that I learnt ;


1. 认识 renshi - to meet
2. 国 guo - country
3. 记得 jide - remember
4. 头痛 tou tong - headache
5. 肚子痛 duzi tong - stomachache
6. 心痛 xin tong - heartache
7. 请问 qing wen - may i ask
8. 没有 mei you - no
9. 不 bu - no*
10. 马马虎虎 mamahuhu - so-so
11. 为什么 wei shenme - why
12. 不舒服 bu shufu - uncomfortable
13. 发烧  fashao - fever
14. 照顾自己 zhaogu ziji - take care
15. 开车 kaiche - drive



Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 4 - I Really Need Some "Coffee"

WEEK 2 - Improving The Basic and Learning Characters